Ok, I read Mire's blog before coming here... ergo: tagged.
1. What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I wrote was ... um ... the start of a horror-type-story.
The first thing I wrote and still have is a poem I wrote at twelve that won me first place in a competition :)
2. Write poetry?
When I feel poetic, yes. It's very therapeutic. I have a lot of problems with expressing emotions, so poetry's good for me.
3. Angsty poetry?
*clears throat* Well. I hesitate to call it 'angsty'... I'd say 'dark emotional'.
4. Favorite genre of writing?
Horror, supernatural thriller and dark fantasy.
5. Most annoying character you've ever created?
Damien Greer in Hybrid. He's one of those characters I simultaneously love and hate.
6. Best plot you've ever created?
The plot for Hybrid, definitely. Nice and twisted XD
7. Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
Not telling :P
8. How often do you get writer's block?
Depends on my mood, really, and whether or not I can motivate myself.
9. Write fan fiction?
10. Do you type or write by hand?
It depends on what I'm writing. I tend to write poetry by hand, because it's easier to revise and follow my thoughts on paper for some reason... prose is typed. While it takes me five minutes to write a full poem and another five to fix it, stories take much longer and typing suits that best.
11. Do you save everything you write?
Usually. I have so many half-assed attempts at stories on my hard drive...
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
Only VERY rarely. I have a short attention span, so if it doesn't work the first time, it probably won't work at all.
13. What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
Hybrid. It's so much fun writing Saf's POV.
14. What's everyone else's favorite story that you've written?
Hm... help me out here, follower! What's your favourite? (it's sad, I only have one follower)
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
I have written one romance... it made me cringe. I avoid teen drama like the plague.
16. What's your favorite setting for your characters?
Physically or emotionally?
Physically, I go for whatever fits. Usually I leave the setting vague, because a lot of my work is flash fiction of the horrific variety. Setting isn't important in that case, it's about emotion. Emotionally speaking, I prefer the dark side of the human mind.
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
A novel, a story, and I'm planning a Very Ceri Christmas Story.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
I have won a poetry competition... other than that, not really.
19. What are your five favorite words?
Diabolical, excruciatingly, macabre, sensual (I just love how it sounds), gore.
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Hm... I have never really created a character like myself. I guess Kay is quite similar to me, though.
21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
My admittedly warped imagination.
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
..........Gods, no. My dreams are bizarre.
23. Do you favor happy endings?
No. Horror doesn't work well with a happy ending.
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
That's a stupid question.
25. Does music help you write?
Usually. Sometimes if I'm feeling noise-sensitive it just hinders me.
26. Quote something you've written. Whatever pops into your head.
"Humanity's greatest fear is the truth." Saf White.
Do you have a blog? Are you reading this? Tag, you're it.
Ok, done. Now, news - I am being promoted at work. I'll be trained on service desk, which makes me a supervisor. XD
2IC, to be exact, to my supervisor Katie.