Monday 28 December 2009

Gnome Part 2


Ok, ok, so Mire gave me another award that I will deal with at a later date - possibly in a vlog if y'all play nicely :)

(put in requests now if you want to hear any Australian slang from a real, live, true-blue Aussie. I will happily comply).

So, we have come to the end of the Gnome Award, where I must answer questions. Mire had way too much fun giving me a list! So here goes:

Favorite Deadly Animal:
Ok, I had to think about this one. We have a lot of very deadly critters here in Australia - even our cute-and-cuddlies can be dangerous. And I'm the kind of girl who loves dangerous animals, the more venemous the better.

I decided that my favourite is the Irukandji jellyfish, which is found up north in the more tropical waters.


These little darlings are pretty small; they're about the size of the average fingernail on your pinky finger. They are also very poisonous. Deaths are rare - usually the stings are treated well - but they can and have killed people. It takes a few hours or even days, but you'll be writhing in agony for that time. *grin*

Favorite Non-Deadly Cute Animal:
....um. If push comes to shove, I'll have to say geckos.

Aren't they cute?! I hatched some a few years ago.


Favorite Drink:
Apple juice!

Favorite Book:
Uh... hm. I don't really have a favourite at this point in time.

Favorite Piece of Clothing:
My jeans, or my maxi dress. I basically live in them.

Favorite Color other than black:
Dark purple.

Favorite Time of Day:
Late at night. I get a lot done around midnight.

Favorite Pasttime:
Writing, and surfing the net.

Favorite Game:
Atmosfear! For those who don't know, it's a horror-themed DVD board game. I play as Elizabeth Bathory (Google it if you're unaware of her awesomeness) and the 'host' on the DVD is a very sarcastic Reaper. Lots of fun.

Favorite phrase:
"OMG LOL". But not as in oh-em-gee-ell-oh-ell. As in omg, lol. Say it like you would a normal word. I say this way too much.

Favorite Weather:
When I'm inside, thunderstorms. Outside: warm and partly cloudy.

Favorite Language other than English / Japanese:
Latin.

Favorite movie other than Hannibal:
The Orphanage, directed by Guillermo del Toro. This is the most stunning, atmospheric movie I have ever seen. It is also the best example of horror I have ever watched - or read, for that matter. If you haven't seen it, do so. It will blow your mind.

Favorite author:
Dean Koontz. Oh, and a certain Miss Mireyah Wolfe :)

Now to pass it on! I give the Gnome Award to... drumroll please... Victoria S! I don't know if you've already gotten it. If you have, suck it up sweetheart! :P

In other news: I went SHOPPING. I BOUGHT STUFF. And also tried a Hershey's bar, which I didn't know existed in Australia. My life is complete. :P

1 comment:

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Haha! OMG lol...yes, it has a certain ring to it. On another note, I lived in Florida for a while, and those little geckos used to get trapped in light posts, so I'd see their poor little skeltons all the tim all lighted up. It was rather disturbing. They sort of lose their cuteness after that. Oh yes, and I love maxi dresses. Very loose and flowing and loverly.

Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season. Congrats on your award!