Tuesday 21 December 2010

Fishtanks, Scott Pilgrim and MCR.

So, Reece came over yesterday with three large boxes that contained my Christmas present - a fishtank with stand so that I can get axolotls. He even set it up for me. Which means I GET PETS. :D He's so good to me.

We then watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, which was actually quite good. Funny. He adored it thanks to it being basically his mind put into film form - lots of 90s video game references. It is a good movie, and that's saying something coming from me.

MCR... ah, MCR. I got the new My Chemical Romance CD today from my parents for Early Christmas. It is, quite simply, an amazing album. Punk with a little bit of dance on some tracks. A real anarchist theme. Catchy. Sad. Romantic ("Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me"). I'm on my third or fourth run through. Okay, MCR isn't for everyone - I know a lot of people hate them - but they're my favourite band, and they've really improved over the years. Danger Days: True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys - I give it a 5/5.

No comments: