Wednesday 1 December 2010

The Christmas Season is Upon Us

It is, once again, December. And we all know what that means - Christmas. Decorations, carols, advent calendars with chocolate that tastes like Play Dough (I admit, I love the stuff) and entirely too much happiness for my liking.

I have probably said this before, but I hate Christmas. I can appreciate the reason for the holiday - birth of Jesus, etc. I respect it as a holy day for one of the world's most prominent religions - but I have no respect for it as a holiday. Christmas is really just a Capitalist's wet dream. The ideal money-maker. Tackiness, cheap nothings and 'Christmas spirit' - there's a lot of selling power here.

Really, it drives me insane. It's like Valentine's Day - a religious day being twisted to make money. There's only so much tackiness I can handle before I start getting pissed. Just *thinking* about Christmas sends me over the edge.

No comments: